install custom JIRA plugin

Donal Murtagh March 7, 2012

I've created a JIRA plugin (actually a Gadget packaged as a plugin). After packaging the plugin, I have a .jar file. I now want to install this plugin into our local JIRA instance (v. 4.0.2), but can't seem to find the necessary instructions.

3 answers

1 vote
Radek Kantor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2012
0 votes
Donal Murtagh March 7, 2012

Thanks for the speedy response. Is there a more efficient way to test a plugin while it's still under development?

Radek Kantor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2012
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2012
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2012

For 4.0, you should add it to (jira home)/plugins/installed-plugins

That assumes it's a version 2 plugin (there are two types of plugin - version 1's go in the application WEB-INF/lib, but Atlassian are moving away from them, as the v2's are more flexible and can be installed via the UI in later versions)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events