Issue in attachment creation in JIRA using jelly

sunesh March 4, 2012

Hello,

I am in the process of moving a project from 4.4.1 to 4.0.1. , so i need to move the attachment using the jelly script.

here is the sample jelly script i created from attachment table.

<jira:AttachFile key="Prj-10" filepath="C:\jira\DCDF\DCDF-10\filelog.log" created="2012-01-03 01:40:55" option="override"/>

but when i tried to run this jelly in the 4.0.1, it showing the file not found error

Exception: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: null:2:0: Unable to make temporary copy of file.
java.io.PrintWriter@54c66d7b

when i checked the attachment folder "Prj-10" I cannot see the "filelog.log" file, but file named "308835".

is jira is encripting these files ? please guide me to create the jelly script for the attachment transfer

Thanks

Sunesh

1 answer

0 votes
Amrut B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

Hello sunesh,

I think there could be 2 reasons for this:

1. Check the location of the file if it exists or if the path is correct.

2. Check the if you have permission to access the file you are attaching.

Also look for logs during the script for more information.

JIRa doesnt encripts the attachments as far as i know.

jelly attachment :

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.JiraTagLib">
<jira:AttachFile key="Prj-10" filepath="C:\jira\DCDF\DCDF-10\filelog.log" option="override"/>
</JiraJelly>
Hope this helps
Amrut.
sunesh March 5, 2012

my issue is not able find the attachment with its file name.

1. when I browse the attachment throiugh my in JIRA tciket it shows the location "/secure/attachment/311296/image001.jpg" .

2. but when i go to phycial attachment folder i get to see only "311296" file with instead of image001.jpg.

I searched for image001.jpg folder all the attachment but couldn't find in the attachment folder.

Can you please let me know how JIRA ia able to show the attachment when i cannot find it in the physical folder.

Thanks

sunesh

Suggest an answer