How can i add the data from JIRA4.1 into JIRA4.3 and won't replace the exsited data.

huang isabel February 9, 2012

How can i add the data from JIRA4.1 into JIRA4.3 and won't replace the exsited data.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

You should be more specific:

• if you want import some issues into existing project (without history), use export to CSV and Import from CSV
  • if you want import whole project, there is posibility to import single project, but this is too restrictive (and you should upgrade source JIRA to the same version as destination JIRA)
  • beside it there are scripting tools as abovementioned JIRA CLI
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

The single project import will only work if both systems are the same version, also the project needs to be empty, it will not import into a project that contains any issues.

huang isabel February 12, 2012

Dear Jozef Kotlár , thank you very much for your help, i think i have found the right way. I'll try it by your suggestion and tell you the result.

huang isabel February 15, 2012

when i imported the test project, there was something wrong like this.

The backup project 'test' requires custom field named 'Last Closed Date' with full key 'com.tuncaysenturk.jira.plugins.jira-enhancer-plugin:last-closed-date'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '2.4-SNAPSHOT', but this custom field was not installed in the backup data. You may want to create an XML backup with this version of the plugin installed.

Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2012

Evidently you should have exact the same source and destination installations / including plugins.

huang isabel March 5, 2012

1, I installed two instance of jira4.4 with the same installation.

2, I imported the data from v4.1 and v4.3 into v4.4 respectively.

3, I configured one v4.4 instance of jira4.3 reference other v4.4 instance of jira4.1, like import the new workfolw,workfolw scheme,permission scheme,notification scheme,screen scheme and so on.

4, export the data of jira4.1 from v4.4 and import into v4.4 instance of jira4.3 project by project.

Finally, i completed the data import from two instance running at the moment in parallel.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

Not directly, may be a bit of scripting using Jira Command Line interface? Or a bit of coding with SOAP or REST?

Are you means some plugins can do this?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

Not plugins, via external programs or scripts that uses one of the above steps in Jira.

Btw, why not a direct upgrade an option? Is it that both the instances are running at the moment in parallel?

Yes. But i can't find out the right resolutions in the jira's documents.

Suggest an answer