cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically creating confluence space when a project is created in jira

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

Hi all ,

I have an instance of Jira integrated with confluence ,

I want to automatically create a Space in confluence when i create a project in jira.

Can someone please guide me how can this be achived ?

is there an available plugin which can do this ?

any help will be highly appreciated.

thanx :)

6 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sander Brienen [Avisi]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

Hi Mizan,

There is not a plugin that I know of, that can do this.

If you are familiar with plugin development, you can create a plugin in Jira to add a Confluence space. Use an EventListener in Jira to react on the event of creating a new project. Then add a space in Confluence using the SOAP API.

Documentation links:

EventListener plugin in Jira: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Writing+JIRA+event+listeners+with+the+atlassian-event+library

SOAP RPC interface Confluence: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+XML-RPC+and+SOAP+APIs

Jira and Confluence communication: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Application+Links+in+JIRA

If you are not sure how to develop a plugin, contact an Atlassian expert to have them develop it for you. See: http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

Good luck!

Sander Brienen

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2012

Thanks for providing these useful links, i am familiar with creating plugins however i have a doubt that there is an event of creating a project in the event library .

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2012

I don't believe there is. You could write a service (quite easy with the script runner plugin) that checks that for each project there is a corresponding space, and creates one if there is not. There is a similar question about the confluecne soap api active right now.

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2012

Automatically creating a Confluence space when a project is created in JIRA is default behaviour in OnDemand. Might be nice if Atlassian could publish their solution, or blog it to share with the community?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2012

Thanx Jamie , il try to create this service. how to check whether a project has a space associated ? and yes i checked that question, after able to create a space for every project i have to create a page for the issues :)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2012

IMHO you want to separate the provisioning process from creating the jira project, have something separate altogether, that creates the projects across the tools, including any source control repos etc.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

Hi Jamie ,

I am trying to create a service which will check all the projects and corresponding spaces if for a project ther is no space associated then a space will be created .

But before creating a service i tried the below code on the script runner panel but i getan exception

unable to resolve class org.swift.common.soap.confluence.ConfluenceSoapServiceServiceLocator
import org.swift.common.soap.confluence.ConfluenceSoapServiceServiceLocator

def locator = new ConfluenceSoapServiceServiceLocator()
def service = locator.getConfluenceserviceV2(new URL("http://localhost:8090"))
def token = service.login("admin", "password")

return(""+token)

I have copied the confluence-soap-model-0.1.jar in WEB-INF/lib my Jira version is 4.3.2 .

Thanx

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

I referred this question and i am able to run a script which creates a page in the script runner panel.

Is there any document which provides details about the soap api . I found this but this does not tell which package/class to import

Marie Goodart (work)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2017

Any luck?

0 votes
Ed Gaile
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014

you should be able to use the JIRA CLI plugin to handle this. I have tested the Confluence CLI plugin to create a JIRA project from Confluence.

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLIP/CLI+Plugin+for+JIRA

Marie Goodart (work)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2017

Can you please share your script?

0 votes
Peter Daly-Dickson June 5, 2014

Hey Mian

I'm surprised this issue hasn't attracted more interest!

I observed the functionality in OnDemand when I started evaluating a few weeks aga, and was surprised to see it missing in Download.

Is it possible?

Has anyone developed a solution?

cheers

Pete

0 votes

Hey Mizan

I'm surprised this issue hasn't attracted more interest!

I observed the functionality in OnDemand when I started evaluating a few weeks aga, and was surprised to see it missing in Download.

Is it possible?

Has anyone developed a solution?

cheers

Pete

0 votes
Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2012

we have written (or in proces with some features) for our purposes separate website where u can create jira project / conf space / version control using SOAP and REST apis

Hi Alex

Where did you get to with this?

cheers

Pete

0 votes
Leonardo Onieva April 12, 2012

Hi Mizan

Have you finally made the plugin? If so, could you share it? I'm looking for something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events