Atlas-SDK and maven 3

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2012

Just out of curiosity, is there plans for atlas-sdk to support maven3. Are Atlassian's doing any work migrating their apps to build with maven 3?

If so, are you seeing any benefit in build speeds etc..?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
AdrienA January 16, 2012

Hi,

There's obviously a lot of votes for AMPS-374 (see Joseph Walton's answer). We have investigated and listed a few incompatibilities, for example the CLI is a Maven 2 feature. As far as I've seen there's no official plan about it, but we work on it on a volunteer basis, because each of us think it's interesting to move forward.

3 votes
joe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2012

Hi there.

There's an open issue (AMPS-374) to track some of the atlas-sdk changes that are necessary to use it with Maven 3. Enough works that we were able to trial building some applications with Maven 3, but some notable features are missing (the CLI, in particular).

Using a parallel build (-T 12) on my workstation brought a build from around 3m13 to 1m47, which is a nice result. The extra validation highlighted a few issues with our poms and there are a large number of bugs fixed since the 2.0 series.

Migrating all our products isn't a priority right now, but I'm definitely interested in any issues with the SDK that are keeping developers from making the move.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events