How can I set remaining time to 0 automatically when issue resolved or closed

Graeme January 9, 2012

I've seen talk of setting post functions etc., but my understanding is that these can't be created in OnDemand. There also seem to be some JIRA-xxx issues where this is flagged as fixed but I don't see a way to do this.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2012

Actually, you can modify the workflows to use the out of the box post functions even on onDemand. There is a post function to update the issue field and you can use that function to set the remaining estimate to 0.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2012
Graeme January 9, 2012

How do I add post functions. I went to the workflow administration, clicked on the transition name and then on the Post Functions tab, but there is no create option

Graeme January 10, 2012

It worked just great, and now I know how to edit workflows and set post actions. Thank you very much!

Dnyaneshwar Ramesh Borase March 15, 2019

Is there any impact on the burndown chart?

If yes then what?

Thanks!

cyberprodigy May 18, 2020

Please add information on how did you solve this, as I'm still struggling on figuring out which action I need to choose. If I choose "Log work" then I would like to log all the work that's required to set remaining time to 0, but there does not seem to be a way to get time remainig.

If I choose "Edit field" action, then again, I cant seem to find time remaining field on the list I can set.

cyberprodigy May 18, 2020

I finally figured it out

I needed to write custom json.

At the step "Then:" where i need to specify action, i added "Edit field" and under "Additional Fields" text area pasted this

{
"fields": {
"timetracking": {
"remainingEstimate": "0"
}
}
}
Nick Capito June 24, 2020

Just an FYI that will also clear out original estimate.

Try: 

{
"fields": {
"timetracking": {
"remainingEstimate": "0",
"originalEstimate": "{{issue.timetracking.originalEstimate}}"
}
}
}

Suggest an answer