Extend the capabilities for creating issue

Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

Hi Friends,

I am writing a plugin which will extend the capabilities for create issue, I am able to execute action only when if my URL is http://localhost:2990/jira/secure/CreateIssue.jspa but not able to execute action in quick create issue screen, Can anyone suggest.

I have the same discussion

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/137921/how-to-extend-issue-actions-in-jira-5

if anyone know please share.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Onkar Ahire

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

you go through

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/83433/validator-support-for-edit-quick-edit-and-soap

in that he mentioned for Quick Edit Action. you use Quick Create Action instead of that.

but it is a bit lengthy procedure.

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2013
<webwork1 key="jtricks-create-issue-details" name="JTricks Create Issue Details" >
    <actions>

<action name="com.ora.ExtendJiraIssueAction.ExtendCreateIssue" alias="CreateIssueDetails">
		        <view name="error">/secure/views/createissue-details.jsp</view>
		        <view name="input">/secure/views/createissue-details.jsp</view>
		    </action>

<action name="com.ora.ExtendJiraIssueAction.ExtendCreateIssue" alias="CreateIssueDetails">
		        <view name="error">/secure/views/createissue-details.jsp</view>
		        <view name="input">/secure/views/createissue-details.jsp</view>
		    </action>

</actions>
</webwork1>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

package com.ora.ExtendJiraIssueAction;
import com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.IssueService;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFactory;
import com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.IssueCreationHelperBean;
public class ExtendCreateIssue extends com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails
{

public ExtendCreateIssue(IssueFactory issueFactory,IssueCreationHelperBean issueCreationHelperBean,IssueService issueService) 
	{
		super(issueFactory, issueCreationHelperBean, issueService);
	}
	protected String doExecute() throws Exception 
	{
		log.debug("do stuff in execute Method");
return super.doExecute(); } protected void doValidation() { super.doValidation(); log.debug("do stuff in validate Method");
} }

Suggest an answer