Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the REST call to fetch the progress of an Epic?

jkrgr August 1, 2013
When I'm in a Board in Agile, and in Plan Mode, I see a leftmost column containing a list of all Epics. Each Epic is displayed with a progress bar (story points completed/story points total). What's the REST call for fetching the progress of an Epic? If I do GET /rest/api/2/issue/<my_epic_id> I get a JSON object containing - ... fields: { progress: { progress: 10800, total: 10800, percent: 100 }, .... - However, this is the progress for the issue itself (in seconds, estimated time). I need the progress of the Epic, i.e. the progress based on all the story points of all issues linked to the Epic. Could anyone give me some pointers?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
jkrgr August 5, 2013

I'm gonna answer my own question here.

GET /rest/greenhopper/1.0/xboard/plan/backlog/epics?&rapidViewId=:ID. This will retrieve the full list of Epics in the assigned board, then to get the Epic progress, you can look for this part in the returned Epic JSON (each Epic has it):

"epicStats":{

"notDoneEstimate":15.0,

"doneEstimate":12.0,

"totalEstimate":27.0,

"percentageCompleted":44.0,

"estimated":8,

"percentageEstimated":100.0,

"notEstimated":0,

"percentageUnestimated":0.0,

"notDone":20,

"done":70,

"totalIssueCount":90

},

Thanks to Omar from Atlassian.

0 votes
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

its not quite clear what youre trying to do.

Actualy i dont know what you mean with Epics... Is it something of your own, or is it part of jira? I am not familiar with all parts of JIRA yet.

Anyway, your rest call is going to the issue rest service. It requires an issue id or issue key. I dont know what you mean with my_epic_id but i think you mean something else. The response youre getting is the json representation of the issue whith id that matches your <my_epic_id>.

Propably you wanted something else. Therefore you must call another service, whichever handles the "epics" and not the issues, or implement your own rest service for that purpuse if Epics is your own thing.

Tip: Go to administration -> Developer Toolbox -> REST API Browser.

It lists all available rest services with their functions. You can also test services from there with different parameters.

Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

Ah i see, youre in greenhoper context not in jira. My fault.

Well, i dont know greenhopper but if Epics is greenhopers thing, then there is propably also a service for that. Use REST API Browser to find the correct service and url.

jkrgr August 1, 2013
administration -> Developer Toolbox -> REST API Browser, I don't have the Developer Toolbox, as it appears that it's not available for On Demand customers.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events