What is BIRT

danielm April 2, 2013

can someone tell me what I need BIRT for? Does it Come with the plugin or do I need to by somethng like a BIRT server. I have never heard of this thing.

Can a rep email me back about this Plugin?.

2 answers

1 vote
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2015

More than 3.5 million BIRT developers and OEMs use BIRT to build scalable, secure solutions that deliver personalized analytics and insights to more than 200 million customers.

Birt has two main parts:

• The Birt Report Designer: an Eclipse tool (plugin) to create Birt reports visually (it supports different data sources in the same report, drag & drop, scripting for calculations, charts, etc.).
  • The BIrt Report Runtime: the report engine to run reports on Java environments.

At the present, there are two add-ons to integrate JIRA with BIRT:

• The SQL for JIRA Reports & Charts add-on which deploys the Birt Runtime right inside JIRA with a single click and therefore you do not need any 3rd party server to run Birt. It also takes advantage of running them together on the user's context, Data Center (high availability & large scale solution), security truly integrated with JIRA. The Birt report files are uploaded into JIRA and embedded in JIRA Dashboards via gadget in a straightforward way.
  • The Power Reports add-on: it requires a 3rd party server (like Tomcat) running the Birt Runtime. It provides a gadget to embed remote Birt reports on JIRA Dashboards.

Birt supports JDBC and Scripted Datasources which allow to use it with SQL, REST or whatever data source accessible via Java like Files, etc.

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2013

BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) is a Reporting Open Source; I think that’s like Jasper Reports. BIRT is used to develop a complicate and more Reporting (gadgets or others) Plugin in JIRA to response to personal needs.

http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events