Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assignee an issue to groups?

Giuseppe La Femina September 29, 2011

there is any method to assign an issue to a groups?

I want the assigne field to dispaly on groups. (eg assign to -> developers gruop, testers gruop )

I also wanto that users within the assigned group can assign the issue to them.( a tester assign the issue to the developer group. a developer sees that the issue is assigned to the gruop and then assigne the issue to himself).

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2011

JIRA does not support assigning to groups. Heres a couple of suggestions on how to handle it.

Create a new user, and for the email address set it to a group (as defined in your email system).

When an issue gets created assign it to this new "user". This would then, depending on your notification scheme send out an email to your group that there is a new issue.

Now any user can simple click on the assign button, and then select assign to me and they have the ticket.

Alternatively,

Create a new custom field of type ‘group picker’, when an issue is created fill in the this new field with the proper group.

Run a query that finds all issues for that group, and put the gadget on their dashboard. Now someone in the QA group, would see all the issues where the custom field is set to QA, and the assignee is null. They would know that this ticket needs to be picked up and worked on.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2011

We encountered an activity loop in this question when GLF accepted Jo-Anne's answer. For anyone subscribed to this question (which is likely to be people watching the jira-development tag), you likely received lots or duplicated notifications for this question. I believe the problem is corrected now, and am looking into the root cause for the error.

Apologies for the spam inundation!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events