Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing "Log In" from a Space in Confluence 4

Alan Bowman September 25, 2011

Hello,

I'm wondering how to remove the "Log In" link from a Space in Confluence 4. I'm setting up a customer facing knowledgebase, which is read or view only. We do not want the customers to log in to the knowledgebase (nor can they leave comments). For this Space, I want to remove the Log In link, so that there isn't any confusion in case a customer sees the link and tries to log in. For other Spaces, I want to leave the Log In link visible - I'm also setting up an intranet for our staff, who will need to be able to log in.

Any ideas where this can be configured? I was looking in the Space Admin > Layout > Site Layouts, but nothing there looked like what I wanted. I suspect this is going to be found in the config files on the server itself, which is fine. I am just looking for some pointers or direction before I start mucking about at the CLI.

Thanks,

Alan

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2011

This script works for the "Demonstration Space" (which has a spaceKey of "ds") that ships with Confluence

Browse to Confluence Admin | Look and Feel | Custom HTML

In At the end of the HEAD, paste:

<script>
  AJS.toInit(function($){
    if (AJS.params.spaceKey == 'ds') { 
      $('#login-link,#browse-menu-link').parent().hide(); // Hide the login &amp; browse menu
    }
  });
</script>

Then Save.

Change the 'ds' bit to whatever the spaceKey is for your space.

Alan Bowman September 26, 2011

David,

That worked perfectly, thank you. One last question - I want to do the same with the "Browse" link. I tried to add in another script under the one that hides the "Log In", but it's not working. I suspect this is because I don't know the proper name for "Browse". Do you know what that would be, or at least know where I could look for it?

Thanks,

Alan

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2011

Alan, I've updated the answer to include removal of the "Browse" menu too.

-- Cheers, David

Alan Bowman September 26, 2011

David,

That worked also. Many thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events