SIL Script custom field vs date custom field

Sergey Tverdyukov January 19, 2013

SIL Script Custom Field with date value is not processed like a dates custom fields and not visible to Team Calendar. I've tryed to copy script CF to date CF and got error (because of different types?).

I need to use scripted dates as date custom field.

Any workaround?

Best regards,

Sergey.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Hi Sergey,

Since the SIL Script custom field can present multiple types of values (dates, intervals, numbers, strings, etc) we had no choice but to use the string representation to pass into JIRA.

However, you should be able to change the value of the date CF from the script behind the SIL Script custom field. Did you try this when you got the error you are talking about? Can you give more information about that error (message + stacktrace)?

Sergey Tverdyukov January 21, 2013

Hi Florin,

I'am trying to copy SIL Script Custom Field to standart Date/Time custom field by post function

"Copy Value From Other Field"

and getting this message:
It seems that you have tried to perform an illegal workflow operation.Unable to copy value from field 'Issue start date' to 'Copied Date'.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.

I have Script Runner, but dont know how to copy fields by Scripted post function.

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Try to set the date CF in the SIL script and see if that works without using any other post functions.

mydateCF = calculatedDateValue;

Sergey Tverdyukov January 22, 2013

It works! Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events