UserGroup picker does not popup or autocomplete

Jay Jay January 17, 2013

I am using Jira 5.1.1 with user group picker 2.0.6 and kepler commons 2.0.10.

I have the fields configured and can see their config info in the database and the gui. If I go to the field and click on the icon to the left I get nothing. If I type something in that should autocomplete I see no auto-complete working. Basically nothing in the log at all.

My user has browse users permission. Anything else I should be checking?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

On which screen are you experiencing this problem (create / edit / transition screen / inline edit) ?

If you have this problem on the create issue popup accessed from dashboard or if the user group picker field is the only custom field in a transition screen, you should download the 2.0.7 snapshot archive that you will find attached to this issue: http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/browse/UGP-19 and update your version with that one, containing the fix for this problem.

Hope this helps.

Jay Jay January 21, 2013

It was on create, but the 2.0.7 snapshot fixes the problem. Thanks!!

Regina Stolerman January 23, 2013

Hi Alexandru,

I'm using User Picker type of custom field on my Create Issue screen. If I login as a user from administrators group then the autocomplete works, however if I login to Jira as a user from non-administrators group it doesn't work. Could you please helo me to solve this mistery?

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Hi Regina,

Please make sure that the user from non-administrators group has the Browse Users permission, in order to be able to choose users from the user group picker.

0 votes
d.delbecq February 17, 2013

Does the 2.0.7 snapshot work with Jira 5.0 ? Which version of katl-common? I have same issue, field does not work because assignee is removed in all forms from our custom workflow.

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2013

Hi David,

You can download usergrouppicker 2.0.7 from our site: http://jira-plugins.kepler-rominfo.com/x/download/productid/4/versionid/128.3.1. It is compatibe with Jira 5.0.x and 5.1.x. It needs katl-commons 2.5. You can install the obr that you will find in the download page. Note that if you are using any other kepler plugin, you need to update it to the latest available version compatible with katl-commons 2.5, as major changes were implemented in this version. You can aslo install the ugp 2.0.7 version from Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.usergrouppicker.

0 votes
Regina Stolerman January 23, 2013

Thank you Alexandru! It works!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events