Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to auto update a custom field value when issue is transitioned?

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Instead of having a transition view window pop when we drag an issue on the classic task board from one swim lane to the next, I would like the field to auto populate a value based on the swim lane or transition that is made.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luis Mayora
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

I have 3 years of experience using JIRA and my advice is PLEASE be careful with plugin dependencies. Don't go plugin crazy if you are 1 admin. Keep it clean and simple.

0 votes
Luis Mayora
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

You can use a workflow extension.

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions/version/71

if you want to go fancy then you will need some sort of script engine. I believe there are implementations that support groovy, ruby, python and other stuff.

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Thank you! I will look into the workflow extension option.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events