JIRA Suite Utilities Issue Transitions Tab >>> Reading Data Into Array

JamesR January 3, 2013

JIRA Version = 5.1.7

Plugin = JIRA Suite Utilities

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/version/140

Plugin Function = Transitions Tab

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Issue+Transitions+Tab

Question = Is there any way to read data -- from the Transitions Tab -- from multiple issues into an array or collection via Groovy? My goal is to create a select query to read data from this tab and to slice and dice them for an emailed report.

We can currently write a JQL to select data from the Comments tab (comes with JIRA).

Is there any JQL to access these data on the tab provided by the plugin?

Thanks so much for your guidance.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2013

The short answer is "no"

The reason is that you're mixing up raw data, queries and displays.

• The raw data, in the database, is a set of issues, which have a load of fields, and a history of changes.
  • The transitions tab extracts and displays that data in a format that's aimed at answering a question.
  • JQL queries are separate again - they're a question saying "show me issues that match condition X". If you put this all together, the tabs you are looking at could be said to be running JQL that says "show me issue with Key X" (i.e. one issue) and then displaying data from that issue. I think it's very important to understand that JQL does not retreive data/fields/information, it just tells you what issues are going to be looked at.

The last thing you want to do is try to "read data from the transitions tab", because that's doing a whole load of work in the background which you simply don't need to do.

What you should do is forget the transitions tab and read the history for your search yourself, then come up with a way to display the results in a way that displays the information you need.

JamesR January 3, 2013

Nic --- this is awesome, thank you for guiding me through this so thoroughly! You've saved me tons of time in a direction I should not have gone down. I definitely understand this now --- thanks to you.

Sincerely, CR7

Tim Theis May 1, 2014

James-

Did you ever come up with a solution (or the query) for this requirement?

Thanks.

MoinP October 13, 2014

+ 1 , is there any plugin from which we can retrieve data from tab or any jql to get the values or details of Bamboo or Stash.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2014

You need to re-read my answer. The tab is a display, there is no data in it. JQL is a search for *issues*, not the data on those issues. You need to identify what you *Actually* want out, and work backwards. What do you want from Bamboo or Stash and how are you putting that into Jira? What do you want to report on?

0 votes
Nuwan May 11, 2015

Data can be retrieve by using this custom report generator plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.jira.plugin.betterexcel

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events