Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Soy caching?

Sune Mølgaard November 20, 2012

In relation to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/106235/objects-and-soy-templates , I would very much like to know if there is a way to disable what appears to be caching functionality for Soy templates.

It would seem that the data I send to the template (debug data, for instance) doesn't get updated until after a very long time, and my collegues inform me, that a flag for disabling caching exists for Velocity templates.

Thus, I'd to know if (and then what) such a flag exists for Soy.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2012

On the server side, template information is cached for the life of the plugin. The best way to trigger an invalidation of this cache is to re-install the plugin - in your case the confluence-dashboard-macros plugin.

On the client side, soy templates are transformed to JavaScript and are subject to the same caching rules as other web resources in Confluence. To clear the browser cache, just do a forced refresh of resources on the page (cmd+refresh or shift+refresh). The transformation of the .soy template into javascript is cached works in a similar way to the server-side caching - just re-install the plugin to invalidate it.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2012

I'm not aware of any flags that can be set to alter the behaviour of soy template caching, sorry.

Sune Mølgaard December 11, 2012

Well, your clarification of caching rules and how to trigger refreshes work just as well as a flag, had such existed, so I'll mark your answer as accepted.

Thank you :-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events