Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Velocity Chart not showing completed points?

Woody Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Does anyone know how the completed points field gets populated?

This feature does work well out of the box. But we changed a number of things, and now the data is not showing correctly.

1. The filter for the board encompases the issues

2. The workflow is mapped (although I deleted old statuses)

3. The points associated with done issues in the sprint are simply not being counted for some reason?

A picture of the problem - no completed work indicated when there are stories with points that are "done".

Sprint Report - shows we did burndown/complete work. Sprint report doesn't list completed issues though?

Sprint Export - Clicking the link show issues in Navigator and exporting shows "Done" issues (completed?) with points.

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Woody Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

The issue was deleting the old statuses. When you do this Jira doesn't recognize the issues as being done. You can add the statuses back manually (just use the same name) or by creating a new board. You also want to make sure the mapping is accurate. For example, I had a Resolved status in Done, which overstated the completion rate because resolved in our workflow is code complete but not verified by QA yet.

0 votes
Suresh Venkat November 23, 2020

We did project level reindexing and that solved our problem.

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

This is pretty weird. Does the Sprint report not show the 'Done' issues anywhere (i.e. they're not showing as not completed either)?

You might be best off raising this one with support at https://support.atlassian.com, the problem is likely related to the changes you made to the statuses, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks,
Shaun

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events