Approve via email not working

Travis Ally November 13, 2015

I cannot approve a request using the syntax in the documentation:

@APPROVED

some comment

I have the Outgoing and Incoming mail servers setup. The from address and the incoming mail server account are the same. I've tried both pop and imap for the incoming. I also configured the mail handler as per the instructions. 

Any ideas?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antonella Capalbo November 17, 2015

The emails you have sent to me are helpful.

I suppose that you are encountering this problem because the approver's email coincides with the email account you have configured in your Mail Servers.

In fact, the Incoming Mail handler listens the incoming email event so, if you reply to the 'Approval required' email and then open the sent email, the listener has no time to capture the 'incoming email' event.

In order to execute an appropriate test I suggest configuring an approver having a different email account and not open the incoming email of the account set on the Mail Servers.

Let me know.

0 votes
Travis Ally November 17, 2015

I forwarded you those emails

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

According to my last comment, I need to review: 

• the email asking the approval 
  • the e-mail sent by the approver to approve the ticket.

This information is needed to verify if the approval flow via e-mail does exactly conform the expectations.

Additionally, I suggest: 

Best Regards

0 votes
Travis Ally November 16, 2015

Chrome, JIRA 7, Mysql, Herzum 3.0-JIRA-7.0

image2015-11-16 11:1:10.png

image2015-11-16 11:1:23.png

image2015-11-16 11:1:37.png

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2015

Hello Travis,
in order to be able to support you, I need to review your Mail handler, Outgoing and Incoming mail servers setup. Can you please send me the related screenshots?

Moreover, can you forward to my email address (antonella.capalbo@herzum.com) the 'Approval required' email and the response e-mail?

Other useful information are Browser, JIRA version, Database, Herzum add-on version, Approval and Approval Mapping setup.

Best Regards,

Antonella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events