How do I clone issues from two different projects and place the cloned issues into one project including all the links and attachments?

Deleted user June 15, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

Hi Guhan,

Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA might be a good fit for that use case.

Using Backbone, you can keep multiple projects (either within the same JIRA instance, or with another JIRA instance) in sync. Once you change something in the project, it will automatically be synced to the other project (if defined so in your configuration).

You can find more information about Backbone on our website: https://www.k15t.com/software/backbone-issue-sync

We'll also have a free webinar about Backbone later this day, please feel free to register: https://www.k15t.com/blog/2016/06/backbone-issue-sync-for-jira-two-webinars-on-june-15th (if you can't make it, please feel free to register nevertheless, as we'll send out the recording after the webinar to all registrants).

I hope that information helps - of course we're also happy to answer specific questions directly, please feel free to reach out to me and I'll be happy to help: nils@k15t.com

Cheers,
Nils

0 votes
Deleted user June 15, 2016

Hi Nils, thanks for the information. My requirement is to copy the existing issues from two different projects (with two different project key) into one target project (with different project key) without losing any data, link, or attachment. Since the project key will change to the issues in target project after cloning, thought of keeping the old key values in a custom field on the issues prior to clone.

I knew JIRA allows to copy or clone from one project to other, but I doubt it has done a great job of doing that so far with custom fields.  But your product may help for ER and will try it out. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events