Question in creat a new issue by workflow post-function through HQL link add-on

colincy August 15, 2016

I want copy the description in parent issue to link issue,the parent issue description include URL like this 

http://wx.yuan.com/yqb-wx-app//app/info/infoDetail.htm?infoid=dbe641cbac2c43ab938cbe6dbea839d6&parkId=null&from=timeline&isappinstalled=0

but find errors message in logs like this

2016-08-16 16:00:00,937 http-nio-8080-exec-10 ERROR jira 960x118142x1 1x7y1xj 172.16.135.41 /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [c.a.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager] Caught exception while attempting to perform action 61 from workflow 61565 on issue 'BAOLS-1642'
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.herzum.jira.plugins.genericlinker.manager.HQLManagerImpl.createIssue(HQLManagerImpl.java:3890)
at com.herzum.jira.plugins.genericlinker.manager.HQLManagerImpl.escalateIssue(HQLManagerImpl.java:1665)
at com.herzum.jira.plugins.genericlinker.wf.EscalateIssue.execute(EscalateIssue.java:70)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.executeFunction(AbstractWorkflow.java:1050)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.transitionWorkflow(AbstractWorkflow.java:1446)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.doAction(AbstractWorkflow.java:564)
at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager.doWorkflowActionInsideTxn(OSWorkflowManager.java:825)
at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager.doWorkflowAction(OSWorkflowManager.java:786)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService.transition(DefaultIssueService.java:430)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CommentAssignIssue.doExecute(CommentAssignIssue.java:167)
... 1 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63)
... 7 filtered
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725)
... 17 filtered
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.WebResourceIncludeFilter.doFilter(WebResourceIncludeFilter.java:160)
... 41 filtered
at com.atlassian.greenhopper.jira.filters.ClassicBoardRouter.doFilter(ClassicBoardRouter.java:59)
... 155 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

Hello,
Could you please let me know the installed Jira and add-on versions?
Furthermore, could you please check if the target project/issue type expects a value for a required field and no default value has been setup?

Sincerely,
Antonella

colincy August 16, 2016

hi hello!

JIRA :7.0.10

Herzum Quick Linker:4.7.1-JIRA-7.0-7.1

I already check the target issue type expects a value for a required field already has been set default value .

I try some times , if the parent issue description doesn't include URL address link,creat the new issue is  succeed,but only include URL address link ,the created action fail.

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

Hi Colincy,

The bug has been reproduced case of the Description field includes the character '&' and the field is required on the target issue type.

My only perplexity stays in the logs not addressing to the same error.

Could you please update the add-on version to the latest and let me have new logs at my email address antonella.capalbo@herzum.com.

Furthermore, could you please confirm the mentioned scenario?

Sincerely,

colincy August 28, 2016

hi,Antonella Capalbo after updating the latest version, the problem is solved.thank you very much!

Suggest an answer