Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't import xml draw.io diagram to confluence plugin

mogle June 14, 2016

Hi,

For some reason I'm having trouble exporting a diagram I made on draw.io into the confluence plugin. As I understand it, I should be able to

1. Export to xml from draw.io
  2. Go to the plugin, choose import on a new drawing
  3. Choose the exported xml file and get the drawing imported to the plugin.

The exported xml opens fine if I open it on draw io, but doesn't seem to do anything on the plugin. After I choose the file, the dialog window goes blank and nothing happens. This is the version from the plugin:

Draw.io plugin v 5.5.1.1

Am I missing a step?

Thanks,

Mike

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Sarah Messer March 15, 2017
  1. Insert a draw.io diagram
  2. Choose the "Create" option with a Blank diagram
  3. From the resulting editor, go to FIle>Import to upload the XML file from your local machine. 
0 votes
Johnny Harris November 15, 2016

Ran into this issue as well. Compressed definitely doesn't work.

If you have a draw.io drawing with multiple tabs, you don't get the option to export as "uncompressed" therefore you cannot import it into Atlassian (Confluence/Diagramly or JIRA Drawio).

Once I split it up into separate drawings and exported as uncompressed, I was able to make it work.

Cheers!

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Ensure you're on the latest draw.io release in Confluence, since pages only went in very recently. I just tested importing a multiple page diagram from online draw.io to draw.io for Confluence Server 6.2.1.0 and it works correctly.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2016

There is a fix in draw.io 6.0.0.0 for this issue.

Scott Eade September 7, 2016

I have 6.0.2.0 and I still have this issue.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2016

Could you submit this as a ticket to support@draw.io, including the imported diagram please?

Dirk Lindner January 30, 2018

same Problem in Version:7.3.1

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2018

Please everyone submit issues to support@draw.io, saying "me too" doesn't tell us anything. We need exact reproduction cases.

0 votes
mogle June 15, 2016

It seems that the import for a draw.io XML is broken, but a colleague found another way to do get an existing draw.io diagram into the confluence plugin:

1. Export the file as XML (I did not compress it, so I don't know if a compressed xml will work).
  2. Create a new page in confluence.
  3. Attach your xml to the page ( see https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf56/attaching-files-to-a-page-658737033.html)
  4. Edit the attachment properties and change the type to application/drawio (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf56/editing-attachment-properties-658737038.html)
  5. Editing the same page, insert a draw.io macro. The XML you attached will appear as an option. Choose it to edit it, then save it. This will put the drawing on the page.

It's kind of a roundabout way to get the drawing into a confluence page, but it works.

Dirk Lindner January 30, 2018

Thank you for this Workaround, it works ;-)

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events